Rocksteddy Band Magnificent Drum Class with Jeff Cucullo
A gift that will complete your band by a star drummer Jeff Cucullo! Let the Rockers spirit begins! Bigginner, passionate learner or professional drummer this class will make you feel the rythm! Drums are one of the world’s oldest instruments and perhaps the most fundamental. They provide the backbone of the music, attract lots of attention, and the rhythms they provide are one of the defining characteristics of any particular style of music.
Whats included ?
- Proper grip and hand position
- Posture at the drum-set
- Rhythm reading from beginning to advanced
- Rudiments, rolls, drum-set coordination (Independence)
- Exercises for timing and speed
- Drum materials included. With FREE Drumsticks and drum pad for more than one session booking
Need to know:
- If you have drum sticks please bring it for the class (optional)
- Late or miss class will not be refundable or transferred
- Location is XJ's studio
- Since this is an outdoor experience, we care the most about you. Please practice social distancing, hand sanitizing, and wear a mask to make the most out of your gift experience with no worries!
Here’s why drumming is good for you:
- Makes you happy. Participate in a drum circle or take a cardio drumming class and you will see how happy it makes you. Drumming releases endorphins, enkephalins and Alpha waves in the brain, which are associated with general feelings of well-being and euphoria.
- Induces deep relaxation. In one study, blood samples from participants who participated in an hour-long drumming session revealed a reversal in stress hormones.
- Helps control chronic pain. Drumming can certainly serve as a distraction from pain. And, it promotes the production of endorphins and endogenous opiates, which are the body’s own morphine-like painkillers.
- Boosts your immune system. Studies show that drumming circles boost the immune system. Barry Bittman, MD, neurologist and President of the Yamaha Music & Wellness Institute, has shown that group drumming actually increases natural T-cells, which help the body combat cancer as well as other viruses, including AIDS.
- Creates a sense of connectedness. Drumming circles and group drumming classes provide an opportunity for “synchronicity” in that you connect with your own spirit at a deeper level while also connecting with other like-minded people.
- Aligns your body and mind with the natural world. The Greek origin of the word “rhythm” is “to flow.” Drumming allows you to flow with the rhythms of life by simply feeling the beat.