Bucket List Check! Surfing Lessons with Rico
Rico B. Dumaguinseller
Your first surf lesson is dangerous because the minute you catch your first wave, buddy, you're a goner. Hooked. You belong to the sea now, and everything else, well, kind of falls away.
Surfing is a physically demanding, challenging sport that requires the right instructor to teach you the best way get out into the ocean and have fun. If you book a surf lesson with me, not only will you learn the basics of catching a wave, you’ll also learn surfer etiquette and how to respect the sea. At the end of your lesson, expect a smile on your face and a lifelong friend you can share the stoke with.
About your Experience Jockey (XJ):
I’m Rico Dumaguin, a surfer based in La Union, Philippines. I began surfing when I was eight years old, and haven’t stopped since. I started surfing competitively when I was 14 years old. My recent accolades include 2nd place in the Men’s Division, La Union Pro 2019 and First Runner-Up for Single and Unattached 2020. Internationally, I’ve competed in Phuket Beach, Thailand, participating in the REnextop Asian Surfing Tour 2018, bagging 3rd place in the Men’s Longboard division.
If you're not confident in the water, don't worry. I'm also a qualified lifeguard, completing two years of service and a course in Water Search and Rescue
- First 10 minutes - Surf safety and theory.
- Second 20 minutes - Beach practicals
- Go surfing - 40 minutes.
- Drink break - 10 minutes.
- Back into the ocean for some more surfing - 30 minutes.
- Last 10 minutes - Pack-up
Need to know:
- Please prepare: Boardshort/Rashguard/Swimsuit/Bikini
- Location is La Union, located in the Ilocos Region in the island of Luzon. The surfing capital on this side of North Luzon.
- Only 5 years old and above
- Covid protocol: Since this is an outdoor experience, we care the most about you. Please practice social distancing, hand sanitizing, and wear a mask to make the most out of your gift experience with no worries!