Spoken Word Workshop with Verlin Santos
John Verlin Santosseller
Get inspired in turning your passion into bigger advocacies. Let spoken word help you realize your unrealized dreams. Be a message of hope and life through writing and performance.
About your Experience Jockey (XJ)
John Verlin Santos is a graduate of Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication in Cavite State University. In 2015, he founded a spoken word collective in Cavite called Titik Poetry. In 2018, he initiated a community service platform called Project Sigya. As he pursues his career in performing, he has conducted and facilitated spoken word workshops in national events such as Cultural Center of the Philippines' Pasinaya Festival, Philippine International Literary Festival, and more. He also organizes poetry slam competitions in different parts of the Philippines.
As his career progressed, he was able to perform in different radio stations such as Brgy. LS, Yes FM and few AM stations. His biggest exposure was when he was featured in CNN Philippines' Story of the Filipino where he shared his journey to spoken word. He was featured in two spoken word albums entitled: The Road vol. 2 by Igman Lara and Southversive by Ms. Kooky Tuason.
Verlin is also a motivational speaker. He was invited to various universities, organizations and communities to talk about life through poetry. In 2016, he had the chance to share his life in TEDx Xavier School.
- Output will be included in the upcoming folio. This will be a collection of poems from various workshops.
- Introduction to spoken word
- Elements of Poetry
- Tips on how to write and to perform
- Discover yourself through spoken word
Need to know:
- Portion of the fee will be donated in our charity works and community projects.
- Participants need to prepare paper and pen.
- This workshop can join up to 7 people.